|Job Field||Medical / Health Care|
|Location||Abuja FCT Ebonyi State|
- This position is for a proposal the organization is working on. For this project, the organization requires 50 Medical Officers.
- The consultants will be required to conduct onsite training for health care workers in Primary Health Care Centres and Private Health Facilities covering Basic Emergency Obstetric and Newborn Care (BEmONC)/Life Savings Skills (LSS) using the Low Dose High Frequency Approach (LDHF) in Ebonyi State and the FCT.
- This is to enable frontline healthcare workers master a small number of selected competencies at a given time, be supervised, and mentored to perform them according to set standards before introducing additional competencies.
Using the Low Dose High Frequency (LDHF) facility-based training approach through the Grants Under Contract (GUC) funding mechanism:
- Update health workers knowledge and standardize clinical skills to provide quality Antenatal Care Services, conduct safe and clean delivery.
- Strengthen the capacity of health workers to respond appropriately to obstetric emergencies: prolonged/obstructed labor, identification, diagnosis and management or referral for patients with pre-eclampsia/eclampsia, post-partum hemorrhage, birth asphyxia.
- Strengthen the capacity of health workers on correct and appropriate documentation of maternal and newborn health (MNH) service delivery data for improved services and decision making.
- Provide post-training supportive supervision and mentoring to reinforce knowledge and skillsÂ·
All the trainings will be onsite (at each health facility) using the LDHF modular approach that incorporates high impact maternal and newborn care service interventions into routine services through:
- Supervised practical skills training
- Clinical mentoring
- Knowledge and skill assessment
- Supportive supervision
- Quality improvement process
- Facilitate clinical skills training using models at the training sites in the states
- Administer pre and post training knowledge questionnaire and skillsâ€™ checklist to the participants to evaluate their knowledge and skills
- Mentor and coach on clinical/practical skills at health facilities
- Work with facility staff to identify service delivery gaps and develop action plans of intervention in MNH service provision.
- Carry out any other related duty that may be necessary for the accomplishment of the capacity building activity to ensure quality maternal and newborn health services.
- The goal of the training program is to contribute to state’ level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support provision and access to quality primary health care services.
- Have a degree in MBBS from a recognized University and must have been registered with the Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
- Have a minimum of one-year experience providing competency-based clinical skills training especially in BEmONC/LSS services provision.
- Have experience in training of primary health care workers, specifically in competency-based training methods.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- A good understanding of the native language(s) spoken in the FCT or Ebonyi is preferable.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project) and Certificates to: [email protected] with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Medical Officer FCT or Medical Officer Ebonyi” to indicate state of preference.
- Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.