|Job Field||Administration / Secretarial|
Reference Number: 130-PEO01143
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
The Managing Director/CEO will carry out the day-to-day management of the organization and implement the strategy set by the Board. Specifically, the Employee’s duties, functions and responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain regular interactions with the Board of Directors on the activities of the Fund and provide periodic reports on the operations of the fund
- Lead the formulation of Fund-wide policies and enforce the implementation to ensure the advancement of the Fund’s objectives
- Consult with the appropriate professionals as it relates to the business plan, financial model, operational codes and other documentation to ensure the successful administration of the Fund’s business
- Carry out oversight functions in relation to budgeting and financial performance of the Fund
- Lead NSSF’s strategic planning process as well as ensure that the corporate philosophy (vision, mission and shared values) is disseminated and practiced throughout the organisation
- Ensure that the Fund is directed, managed and operated in accordance with best practice and corporate governance procedures and in compliance with subsisting laws in which it operates
- Monitor risk management and the overall risk profile of the organization’s business and activities
- Develop productive relationships with key strategic partners and stakeholders to advance the business operations of NSSF
- Lead the resolution of NSSF’s issues that have strategic implications
- Serve as the Chief Spokesman for the Fund and carry out other functions as may be delegated by the Board
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in Business Administration or a comparable discipline from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ financial and operational management experience, including five (5) years’ experience at executive management level.
- Experience in the aid/development and/or non-for-profit sector is essential.
- Experience or knowledge of the healthcare sector will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects from ground zero and drive the vision for the future for the Organisation.
- Proven leadership, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills to attract projects and partners by communicating a compelling and inspired sense of purpose.
- Excellent project and operations management skills and experience.
- Strong financial, operational, business acumen and commercial knowledge
- Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with different levels of authority, internally and externally.
- Well-honed skills to persuade, influence, as well as manage and sustain effective relationships locally and internationally.
- High ethical standards and level of integrity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) on invite.pwc.co.za to apply