Job ID: 105
Location: Ughelli, Delta
Job Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor/Head of Department)
Job Type: Full Time
- To provide legal advice and support Transcorp Power Limited to enable it to achieve its business objectives in line with the business’ strategic objectives and within the applicable legal and regulatory framework.
- Manage and monitor all legal activities of the company and ensure minimal or no interruptions to company operations from third parties
- Provide leadership to the legal function
- Ensure that all activities of the company complied with relevant laws, rules and regulations of the company, as well as resolutions of the Board of Directors and shareholders;
- Develop strong stakeholder engagement with respective government officials, Trade Stakeholders & Organizations, Host Community, and Key Media influencers in their areas of competency
- Drive corporate and public affair activities with respect to corporate communications and CSR initiatives that support growth projects in synergy with regulatory agenda
- Interface with relevant business functions to ensure input into ongoing trade and commercial policies and processes
- Coordinate the interface with key government and regulatory agencies, and ensure compliance with clearly stated guidelines
- Negotiate, draft and review contacts, agreements and documents which could create legal obligations for TPL
- A university degree in Law with a minimum qualification of second class upper.
- Must have been called to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum qualification of second class lower.
- A Master’s Degree in Law is also an advantage.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) or Nigerian equivalent (ICSAN) an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) relevant work experience in a similar role
- Sound understanding of the local media landscape and CSR environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Transcorp on recruitment.hh-converge.com to apply