|Job Field||Education / Teaching|
Faculty: Engineering Departments: Mechanical, Marine, Civil, Electrical and Petroleum & Gas Engineering
Faculty: Marine Transport Departments: Marine Transport / Logistics Management, Ports Management, Nautical Science, and Marine Economics and Finance
Faculty: Environmental Management Departments: Environmental Management and Pollution Control, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Meteorology and Climate Change, and Marine Geology
- Candidates should be holders of Ph.D from recognized Universities with at least three (3) years postdoctoral teaching, research and administrative experience in tertiary institutions, with evidence of at least four (4) journals articles in reputable learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
- Candidates with MA / M.Sc. with at least six (6) years post qualification teaching and administrative experience in tertiary institution, six (6) journal articles, evidence of Ph.D registration or Master’s CGPA of not less than 4.0/5.0 (or 60% weighted average) may also apply.
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to this position are the same as the approved Salary Structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant in full (Surname first);
- Post Desired;
- Date and Place of Birth;
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended (with dates);
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates and locations);
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer (s), stating status;
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post, Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications (where applicable);
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience (where applicable);
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any);
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic / professional opinion about the applicant.
Applicants should request their Referees to forward their views in confidential cover to the address below within four(4) weeks of this publication.
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for an interview.
- Applicants are strongly advised to note qualifications and cognate experience required for the post they intend to apply into so as to make sure that they are qualified.