- An exciting opportunity exists for a Lead, Software Developer to join a dynamic team. The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable).
- The job holder needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- The job holder must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- The job holder must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
- The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.), Computer Science or similar (Minimum 2:2)
- 5+ years experience as an application developer.
- Must have NYSC certificate or exemption certificate
- Must list hands-on building and direct responsibility of projects worked on
- Experience in the use and Administration of MSSQL Database and Oracle Database
- using Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and so on.
- Efficient and effective use of NetBeans, Eclipse, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), PLSQL Developer.
- Sound knowledge of application deployment on Apache Tomcat Server, WildFly Server/JBOSS.
- A team-player with good interpersonal skill.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012)
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etcâ€¦) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in MS Word not PDF), current and expected salary to: [email protected] , [email protected] and [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.