|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
|Education||BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA PhD/Fellowship|
The Lead, Recovery unit is responsible for providing support, direction, credit information, and loan policies and procedures to ensure the overall quality of the organization’s credit extension. Delivers against challenging KPIs and team targets managed, through day to day guidance and direction. With an ultimate aim of mitigating risks and damages, the Recovery Lead is responsible for the recovery of debt owed to the company in accordance with existing debt recovery policies and procedures, delivering via a positive and customer focused approach through proactive communication, and ensuring the maximum support and advice is offered to debtors through the right framework.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain and review delinquency reports for all assigned defaulting portfolios and manage the recovery processes in the unit.
- Prepares overall collection plan for debt recovery ensuring that appropriate action is taken to recover outstanding funds.
- Manage in conjunction with the legal department, the legal process for the recovery of debt; refer matters to legal department, for legal recovery action where necessary
- Actively chasing aged debt and taking the lead in reviewing the more contentious and or difficult accounts.
- Ensure the non-performing loans owed to a company are reduced by implementing strategic and smooth operational techniques.
- Researches and resolves delinquency/billing issues on complex accounts which have resulted in non-payment of outstanding amounts.
- Ensures that appropriate internal documentation is raised so that additional credits/billings are processed accurately and in a timely manner in line with internal processes and procedures.
- Liaises with the accounts team/managers as necessary to ensure that records are correct.
- Escalates process issues and non-conformance as required.
- Prepares proposals for those delinquency accounts for which may require legal action, and or reserve/write off for review by senior leadership within the department.
- Assists in maintaining and archiving account data and records in a safe manner to ensure compliance with data protection and other regulations.
- Provides supporting documentation and assistance with internal and external audits;
- Maintain and improve credit control and debt recovery processes, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and liaising with internal and external auditors and lawyers.
- Proactively reviews current processes to identify opportunities to simplify and therefore enhance the current recovery framework.
- Make appearances in court when necessary as a representative of the company.
- Provide leadership for the team, and strive to deliver outstanding results and service.
- Manage team performance by allocating priorities and workloads to enable direct reports to achieve and exceed individual and team goals and objectives.
- Develop positive, high performing and collaborative team, work with external recovery agents to ensure that services and requirements are being met or exceeded.
- Acts as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated role model for the team.
- Works with others to generate improvement ideas and actively participates in implementing new initiatives
- Builds a culture of continuous improvement and openness to change
- Report accordingly, progress against target to the designated authority.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Advanced degrees, certifications and/or professional membership will be an added advantage
- 7+ years progressive experience in a credit recovery role
- Good understanding of industry laws and regulations
- A drive to reach service goals
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A track record of proven experience in the above key accountabilities, specifically within a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Proven track record of experience in supervising, leading and coaching a team within a busy and effective credit control, collections or debt recovery function.
- Proven track record of experience in supervising, leading and coaching a team.
- Extensive collection and debt recovery experience with a financial institution
- In-depth knowledge of legislative rules and guidance covering consumer protection in relation to debt recovery.
- Good knowledge of legal action procedures to recover debts.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.