|Job Field||ICT / Computer|
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- The Java Developer will be working with our client’s staff to conceptualize and implement enhancements to our client’s Mobile Authentication Service (MAS) solution, with a focus on our client’s software and web portal development.
- The ideal candidate will have broad exposure to a variety of modern technology paradigms, including high-performance runtime systems, Linux cloud servers, and big data analytics systems.
- Working closely with team members from various locations and functions he / she will develop the new features in the web portal and in other MAS projects and will be responsible for documenting projects and promptly address technology needs as assigned by his / her supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in IT / Web Application development.
- A minimum of 3 years full-time experience as a back-end developer.
- Intermediate knowledge in Java and Java frameworks.
Skills / Competences:
- High motivation and intelligence with strong interpersonal and oral / written communication skills.
- Ability to operate independently and flexibly in a demanding and multi-cultural start-up environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, JQuery, Bootstrap is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of JavaEE paradigms (web services, servlets, Java Beans, Data Access Objects (DAO)).
- Experience developing cross-platform, data-rich internet applications.
- Relational database experience (MySQL).
- Experience with Model View Controller (MVC) architecture.
- Past experience creating an Application Programming Interface (API).
- Strong understanding of mobile computing technologies, Linux and cloud computing.
- Experience with a Linux based operating system: Should be able to remote into a machine, copy files, start services, etc.
- Experience in android application development and design.
- Coding experience – candidates will be required to demonstrate advanced hands-on knowledge of Java on the Linux platform during the interview process. This will be tested in a real-time environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Proten on docs.google.com to apply