Location: Head Office, Lagos, Nigeria
Grade Level: Professional Category level
- Information Technology Internal Auditor (IT Internal Auditor) will be responsible for assessing and making appropriate recommendations to improve the organization’s IT Governance processes.
- He/she will work with the Audit Team in managing the Internal Audit Department’s IT Projects, and setting up a quality control system for the Corporation.
Duties / Job Details
Under the supervision of the Director, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Review general and application control on the information systems of the Corporation
- Perform reviews of IT management policies and procedures such as change management, business continuity planning/ disaster recovery, information security, system development standards, maintenance to ensure that controls surrounding these processes are adequate
- Maintain and develop computerized audit applications and software
- Prepare IT audit assignments, complete the fieldwork, issue the report, and assure proper audit documentation is in place
- Prepare and present written and oral reports in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for various audiences (Board, Management, Auditees, etc.)
- Consult with and advise Information and Communication Technology and other staff on various operational issues related to computerized information systems and on general business operations
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure that corrective actions have been taken.
- Coordinate and interact with external auditors and other external parties as may be required
- Assist and train other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems in the Corporation
- Conduct operational, compliance, financial, and investigative audits, as assigned
- Monitor the status of audit recommendations, appraise the adequacy of follow-up action plans
- Identify training needs, develop training programs and materials, and conduct workshops in accordance with the internal audit standards
- Develop, build & implement tools to analyze data to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness. Ultimately be a source for analytics that the team adopts to provide assurance on processes
- S/He will also assist the Audit Team in managing the Internal Audit Department’s IT Projects, and setting up a quality control system
- Perform other job-related duties as determined by the Director of Internal Audit.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Finance / Accounting with a passion for IT.
- Relevant professional qualifications in information system certifications include Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); being also a CIA or CPA will be desirable.
- Understanding of multiple technology domains including software development, Windows, database management, networking.
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and some applicable laws and regulations.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant (re)insurance experience with an IT background and IT audit experience (internal audit and/or external auditing firm)
- Progressive achievement in one or more of the traditional IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure, and management).
Competencies and Additional Requirements
- Proactive; hands-on; results-driven; ability to blend exceptional attention to detail with an ability to retain strategic direction.
- Expert knowledge of internal auditing, internal controls, risk management.
- Comprehensive understanding of internal control environments within the IT function.
- Experience with multiple technology domains including aspects of Windows, database administration, software development, and networking.
- Has knowledge of specialized IT audit applications, such as ACL, TeamMate.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Adequate knowledge of Insurance/Reinsurance.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audiences (technical and non-technical audiences).
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Ability to produce high-quality work products.
- Fluent in one of the two working languages of the Corporation (French or English). Good knowledge of both languages will be an added advantage.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input and is willing to learn from others.
- Has the ability to defend and explain difficult issues and positions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s PS Grade Level
- Duty post Differential (DPD) that may increase of depending on the economic situation
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Housing Allowance.
Method of Application
Note: Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa RE on www.africa-re.com to apply