|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop/Review Compliance Procedures for departments/units and ensure adherence to laid down policies and procedures.
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development on best practices.
- Carry out Frequent Internal Control Audits to mitigating risk on loss/theft of Store Keeping Unit.
- Ensure accurate and reliable operating data and accounting reports.
- Contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interest of the Company by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures where necessary
- Foresee, Manage and Control negligence across all departments to avoid company parting with money and loss of man-hours
- Apply a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of the Company through the implementation of the audit review work
- Prepare and Send Reports of audit reviews to the team supervisor
- Discuss the findings and propose action plans of audit reviews with the team supervisor on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and relevant authorities.
- Conduct investigations of suspected internal fraud.
- As a member of any relevant committee to which the post holder may be appointed during the course of the year, to be familiar with the terms of reference and responsibilities, and to participate by attendance, reporting and challenge at meetings and accept collegiate responsibilities for decisions made.
SKILLS & ATTRITUBES:
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software’s and databases
- Reporting Skills – Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Keen attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- General Mathematical Skills
- Proficiency in Standard ERP for accounting and internal control processes.
- Deadline-Oriented and Result driven
- Time Management
- Written and Oral skills
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal attributes: Confident, Self-driven, Determined, Positive and Enthusiastic
- Excellent Prioritization and Organizational abilities
- Professionalism and Objectivity
- Analytical skills
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
- Between 25 -32 years of age
- B.Sc / M.Sc Accounting
- ACA Certified (or Final stage) with minimum of 2 years audit experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.