Department: EHA Clinics – Clinical and Laboratory Informatics
Reports to: Technical Lead, informatics
Duration and dedication: Six months, with the possibility of an extension.
Dedication: 40 hours/ week (Monday – Friday)
Reporting: The intern will work under the supervision of the Program Manager, Community Health.
Purpose of the Position
- The aim of the internship will be to work closely with the Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the software application services within our organization.
- S/he will also gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and system requirements. This will include writing test plans, scripts for tracking defects, fixes in product development, and software application development.
- Adequate metrics and records are put together in collaboration with all departments to ensure projects and initiatives are monitored effectively to achieve EHA Clinics’ goals.
Description of Tasks
- The intern is expected to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily:
- Under the supervision of a Quality Assurance Engineer, develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product life cycles.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals. Fulfill end-user requirements and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Maintain effective communication with the project software engineers on project limitations, capability, performance requirements, and hardware interface changes.
- Miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned to support the management team
- Complete necessary reports and documentations
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Management.
This is an intern position and as such, minimal experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any such related field will be preferred.
- Graduates of tertiary institutions and National Youth Service Corps members can apply.
- The Candidate must have worked with at least one programming language.
- As an intern, you will take part in cutting edge technology and other activities and projects that contribute to bringing solutions to health challenges in Nigeria. Tasks are to be developed in a professional and efficient way, focusing on end-results and delivering high-quality products.
- The diversity of our team means that you will find yourself working in multicultural teams with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures who have wide perspectives, experiences, expectations as well as approaches. Knowledge of the region’s political, socioeconomic, and cultural dynamics will be gained.
- You will also gain a first-hand perception of the day-to-day working environment of EHA Clinics. You will be given a real chance to work with our team of outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior managers.
- Within the organization, you might have the chance to be exposed to conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as on-the-ground projects. Upon the successful conclusion of the assignment, will provide a certificate for the interns that fulfill their commitments with integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity.
- Upon completion of the internship, the intern shall produce a comprehensive report that explains what they have learned within the internship period and how that impacts their career journey and do a presentation to EHA Clinics. The intern will produce a story to communicate the result of the analysis.
Skills to be developed:
- This position will expose you to best practices in software testing
- You will build skills in software documentation
- You will be part of an agile team and will interact with Senior Engineers, UI/UX designers, Quality assurance engineers
- We ll expose you to our various tech stacks – flutter, python, java, odoo, kibana, elastic search, firebase, postgre, kubernetes, etc
- This is an unpaid position, however, a monthly stipend of Forty Thousand Naira (₦40,000) only will be provided for transportation and feeding allowances. All other costs related to living expenses MUST be borne by the intern. The intern will have to make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation, and incidents.
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will provide health insurance cover during your period of internship.
- Confidentiality: You have to be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and do not publish any reports or papers based on such information.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on www.eha.ng to apply