|Job Field||ICT / Computer|
|Location||Akwa Ibom State|
|Experience||2 - 3 years|
Career Category: Information and Communications Technology
- The IT Assistant will be responsible for the support and maintenance of all IT-related hardware and software, will troubleshoot all IT-related activities on the ground.
- He/she will troubleshoot and ensure that IT services are working optimally to support all staffs routine official work.
- He/she will support in building capacity of staff on basic IT procedures, disseminate and monitor implementation of agency’s IT updates.
- The IT Assistants will liaise with the IT officer for higher-level support and communicate IT needs accordingly through the IT officer.
- The IT Assistants will manage servers and keep an inventory of IT related equipment such as laptops.
- He/She will update IT Library (Hardware, Software and Configuration of system’s documentations).
- He/she will monitor the external services provided by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 – 3years’ of demonstrated IT development and IT implementation or Enterprise systems administration experience
- Knowledge of Networking design and implementation.
- Installation and configuration and maintenance of Radio and VSAT equipment and servers.
- Has experience in developing and/or implementing backup systems for organizations
- Experience in managing cloud-based systems
- Experience in maintenance and repair of computer systems and servers.
- Experience in planning and expansion of network.
- Experience in database system design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Computers skills including the use of spreadsheets and automated financial management and reporting software.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial findings and analyses.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected]org using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org