Location: Gwoza, Gwoza LGA Borno
Report to: (Hierarchical): Nursing Activities Manager
Report to (functional): Nursing Activities Manager/Project Medical Referent
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: 03 (three) Months Renewable
Expected Starting Date: October 12, 2020
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents. Conducting regular theoretical training for staff to ensure updated compliance with IPC and collaboration with the sterilization agents ensure compliance with standard sterilization techniques and procedure.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc. in collaboration with the log Hospital ensure proper use of hygiene materials and cleanng techniques from hygiene agent.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the
- Infection Control Action Plan.
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment,
- training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both
- the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
Note: IPC standard precautions include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene, prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids, safe and appropriate treatment of re-usable medical devices, waste management, cleaning and disinfection of surface and environment, respiratory hygiene and individual hygiene for staff, caretakers and patients. IPC essential requirements include water supply, solid waste and waste water treatment/disposal, latrines and shower facilities, dead bodies management, vector control and medical waste management.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- He/She, will ensure in collaboration with the NAM all recommendation of IPC from referrent are implemented and followed by all staff and in all depaetment.
- He/She is the focal point of all IPC within the hospital and report any event related to the IPC to the line manager.
- Participate/organise monthly meeting of IPC Control meeting in collaboration with the member committee.
- Ensure/monitor the correct application of all recommendations from various IPC committee meeting in order to improve IPC within the hospital.
- Nurse or Midwife (or equivalent) diploma
- Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset
- English and Hausa essential. Kanuri and Mandra desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
According to OCBA salary grid scale (National contract).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Letter and copies of Credentials (only PDF or Word) by email to: [email protected] (in the subject please to put the position and the reference for while you are applying). Applications should be accompanied by copy of the NYSC certificate.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.