|Job Category||Consulting / Business Strategy/ Planning|
|Deadline||Thursday; 16th January, 2020 by 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.|
The Economic Community of West African States, also known as ECOWAS, was Established on May 28, 1975, via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS has 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries. There Headquarter is currently located at Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
They are currently recruiting candidates for the position shown below.
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECO WAS), in the framework of the execution of its 2019 Budget, intends to apply a portion of the budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant for the Re-Modelling of the ECOWAS Commission Stores-Phase 2.
- The main objective of this assignment is to effectively maximize all resources and ensure a more efficient material management system within the available space as well as to review the MM organization in terms of stacking, coding, labelling etc; to propose an efficient and up to date MMS; to upgrade the day to day operation of the MRP unit; to link the SAP-based codification with the new MM system and to strengthen the capacity of relevant personnel/users of the material management system on the new optimized model.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the following as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of three (3) months.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultants
The Consultant is expected to produce the general Fleet Management Policy with a focus on the following:
- The overall scope of this assignment is to review the current materials management structure as is and propose a complementary structure which will ensure optimal & efficient operation of the new system/structure;
- Codification of materials in synchronization with the SAP materials management module;
- Provide an operational manual that will serve as a guideline for the user (staff) and for training;
- Conduct training to introduce as well as internalize the operations of the re-modeled MM structure;
- To provide support to users (staff) in order for them to adjust properly within the new operation designed for efficient materials management which will yield optimal results for the project.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follow:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Store Management, Logistics Management or any related field;
- Shall possess a Professional Training Certificate on SAP- Material Management (MM) Module.
- Shall justify at least ten (10) years of working experience in Store Management, Logistics Management;
- The candidate shall justify having executed at list two (2) similar assignments (large nationals or international projects) organized and successfully executed with International Organization or Public Body or Private renowned Entities;
- The candidate shall justify a proven working experience as project manager or coordinator or similar roles covering this area of specializations
- Extensive Knowledge of SAP Software on Material Management (MM) Module and its functionality;
- Shall justify its Ability to conduct end-user training on SAP Software on Material Management (MM) Module and its functionality.
- The individual consultants shall be fluent in English or French Languages (reading, writing, speaking) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of the other of the ECOWAS Official language (English or French) would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their “Expressions of Interest (EOIs)” which must be delivered in sealed envelopes (1 signed Original and 3 Copies) and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant for the Re-Modelling of the ECOWAS Commission Stores-Phase 2”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
Plot 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District,
P.M.B 401, Abuja,
- The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders, and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual consultants set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1.
- Email: [email protected], with a copy to: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
- Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.