- Reporting to the CEO, the ICT Manager is a professional who is responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems and IT infrastructure within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timeline.
- The incumbent will analyze and anticipate operational ICT needs and challenges and will introduce cost-effective technology improvement solutions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and service standards for optimal performance, integrity, security, and strategic alignment of systems.
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing the company’s IT function to ensure IT fully supports business objectives and the company achieves a maximum return on its IT investment.
- The role holder will assist in an in-depth training and capacity building program including choosing and the mentoring of department staff. A key prerequisite is to develop the capacity of personnel to the level where they can manage and operate the ICT Unit in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Lead the design, specification, configuration, installation and maintenance of local area network hardware, software, and telecommunication services.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems. He must be able to preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Develop Service Level Agreements for service providers, determines performance targets for IT personnel and assists in selecting IT Service Providers.
- Manage IT staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Train staff in ICT department for effective and smooth running of the department
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information System (MIS) or similar fields.
- Post graduate / Master’s degree and additional qualification in Information Technology will be an added advantage.
- Relevant IT certifications will be a plus.
- Have at least 10 years’ practical experience in a large organization with similar business and operational ICT functions, 5 years of which should have been at a managerial level.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware / software systems.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- The candidate must possess highly effective supervisory skills and techniques, have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Direct and coordinate operations with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be dependable with integrity and have rapt attentive to details.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Position Title” as the subject of the email application.