|Job Field||Engineering / Technical|
|Experience||3 - 5 years|
Location: Ikeja – Lagos
Reports to: Project Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Receives oral or written work requests and sets priorities
- Assigns personnel to jobs
- Reviews all work orders before and after completion
- Maintains budget, records and files, and prepares reports
- Supervises major overhaul or installation of environmental control systems to assure that work is carried out according to plans and specifications
- Conducts a quality check of work in progress or upon completion to assure acceptability
- Oversees repair and replacement of faulty thermostats, wiring and controls, and compressors
- Reviews the work of contractors for adherence to plans and specifications and for quality assurance
- Informs staff in the proper use of tools, and proper work procedures
- Keeps records of work orders, inventory and expenditures
- Estimates and orders needed equipment and supplies
- Determines the appropriate HVAC equipment
- Designs air flow control systems
- Designs modifications to existing systems to achieve efficient operation
- Reviews plans and specifications for new construction to determine compatibility with existing equipment or acceptability of design
- Coordinates work with other trades as needed
- Provide technical assistance to mechanics when requested
- Recommends persons to be hired, disciplined, discharged, or promoted under his supervision
- Performs other duties/special assignments as required or to meet the ongoing needs of the department
- Thorough knowledge of heating, ventilation and refrigeration theory
- Working knowledge of electricity
- Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions and prescribe repair procedures
- Ability to train and supervise others
- Ability to prioritize, plan, assign, coordinate and direct the work of HVAC mechanics and crew leaders
- Ability to design smaller systems or design modifications to larger systems
- Ability to review and critique plans and specifications for HVAC and environmental control systems
- Coordinating skills to schedule work so classes are not interrupted; maintain records of time and materials used on all jobs
- Analytical skills to diagnose HVAC problems; and to understand and work from blueprints, schematics, sketches or pencil drawings
- Communication skills to communicate with school staff and vendors
- Computer and software skills
- Manual skills to repair equipment
- Mechanical skills for vehicle operation and to install and maintain HVAC equipment
- Incumbent must be able to work well as a team member; must be self-driven, reliable, and responsible
- Leadership skills to supervise the work of the HVAC department
- Ability to perform special assignments as required or to meet the ongoing needs of the department
- SSCE or National Diploma (ND) or has Successfully completed technical school or completion of HVAC apprenticeship or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our ideal Candidates must possess the following;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of direct supervisory HVAC service experience. Considerable experience in the installation, maintenance, or repair of HVAC and related environmental control system.
- Problem-solving skills (HVAC related); incumbently plans and carries out successive steps and resolves problems and deviations in accordance with instructions and accepted practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively within and outside of the organisation to obtain and relay factual information.
- Able to work inside heated, well-lighted building and outside where temperature extremes can exist.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing and reaching.
- Requires to exert physical effort, e.g., transporting materials or equipment or lifting, moving, carrying object less than 30KG.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in PDF format to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Due to the volume of application received please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.