|Job Field||NGO / Non-profit|
|Experience||3 - 4 years|
Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and implement strategies and plans of action for the ICRC’s engagement with ECOWAS;
- To reinforce the ICRC’s network of interlocutors within ECOWAS and within international organizations working with ECOWAS;
- To promote international humanitarian law and thematic issues of concern to the ICRC with the ECOWAS and with international organisations working with ECOWAS;
- To organise events with key Commissions and Directorates of the ECOWAS and the diplomatic community;
- To collect and analyse relevant information in order to identify emerging actors and issues within ECOWAS, so as to enable, if required, an adequate positioning of the ICRC;
- To conduct analyses of the general multilateral environment in Nigeria and West Africa;
- To identify, participate in and/or organise relevant events (e.g. conferences, workshops, meetings) on multilateral issues of concern to the ICRC and represent the ICRC when required;
- To facilitate regular exchange of information between the Delegation in Abuja and other Delegations in ECOWAS Member States/the ICRC’s Delegation to the African Union (AU) as well as with ICRC HQ in Geneva.
- Candidates should posses 3 – 4 years experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, cover letter and contact details of three referees to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ202000150 Humanitarian Affairs Adviser 1 ABJ” as the subject of your application *(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
Note: In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience.