|Job Field||Safety and Environment / HSE|
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Responsible for health, safety and environmental (HSE) compliance at the Hospital. This will include assessment and implementation of safety programs. This position will interface with all departments to ensure processes are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations. The position implements and maintains environmental health and safety program involving hazard identification evaluation and control, accident/injury prevention, hazardous material/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, hygiene, and environmental regulatory compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide HSE leadership, training and operational support to all levels of the organization and across all functional groups.
- Develop policies and procedures for compliance with statutory HSE legislations and best practices
- Ensure all HSE processes and procedures are implemented and standardized across the hospital
- Track hospital health and safety metrics and use the data to identify and to reduce risk.
- Work closely with Engineering and Facilities on special projects involving plant construction, equipment design, and hazardous assessments.
- Assist in all aspects of incident investigation including verifying root cause and approving the implementation of preventative actions
- Create safety awareness through training (occupational health and safety) manuals, warning signs and symbols.
- Management of hazardous materials including oxygen, diagnostic and treatment materials, laboratory reagents, cleaning and maintenance materials and the like.
- Supervision of waste management, segregation, and disposal
- Ensure emergency response systems, policies and procedures are in place to manage emergency situations.
- Maintain all Federal, State, and Local permits in current and valid condition.
- Provide hazardous material/right to know training and MSD management.
- Prepare regulatory agency submissions
- Maintain current working knowledge of all applicable HSE regulations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of BSc / HND in Engineering, Safety Science or related field with 5+ years related HSE experience.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge and experience in handling HSE activities in major hospitality facilities and business functions
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, customers and team members.
- Experience dealing with the complexities of the hospitality/healthcare industry.
- Experienced at developing and implementing customer-focused services and programs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Platinum Careers on platinum-careers.com to apply