Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Category: HSE & Security
Employment Type: Full time
- Coordinate the Health and Safety administration of the Company, while promoting the best practices and providing technical HSE support in compliance with the organization’s standards, good industry practices and local legislative requirements where applicable.
- Drive safety initiatives for the company and manage daily HSE meetings and inspections.
- Prepare and update HSE procedures and documents.
- Support the implementation of HSE training programs.
- Develop and implement emergency drills.
- Coordinate with Department of Petroleum Resources and external consultants.
- Assist in and conduct periodic HSE audits to ensure the site complies with environmental permits and company’s HSE standards.
- Periodically review and update the health risk assessment as necessary.
- Ensure lessons learnt from incident investigations are disseminated to all employees throughout the site.
- Ensure accurate incident reporting.
- Track and close out of HSE action items, including actions from internal and external audit findings.
- Participate in HAZID and HAZOP studies for the site when required.
- Provide assistance, coaching and support to the business units for the elaboration and sharing of Health & Safety policies, standards and procedures aligned with the company’s requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation of technical skills and competences of the Health & Safety network.
- Ensure Health & Safety improvements throughout the company.
- Periodically draft and review the company annual Health and Safety plan.
- Validate and challenge root cause analysis and action plans for major accidents and ensure follow up on action plans.
- Benchmark company’s best practices nationwide while respecting local preferences and priorities but ensuring company level improvements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety and Quality Management or any other related discipline. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years HSE experience of which 5 years must be at a senior level in the oil and gas industry.
- Safety experience in the following areas: safety program development, fire prevention, hazardous materials, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, process safety management, process hazard analysis, incident investigation and the development and implementation of safe operations procedures and processes.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals.
- Sound negotiation skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as being able to be a self-starter.
- Able to work with deadlines and possess a proven track record of delivering required projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Safety, Hazop, Process Improvement, Safety Management Systems, Critical thinking, Team Management.
Method of Application
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen on www.adexen.com to apply