Role Description: The House Parent will support the House Master/Mistress in the running of the student residence at the prestigious Bridge House College, Ikoyi. This role will be responsible for managing the daily activities of students under 18.
- Female, 35, or older years.
- First aid/sporting qualifications will be an added advantage.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
- Flexible and approachable within a diverse environment.
- Ability to support, promote, and implement House policies and procedures.
- Able to establish a healthy rapport with students, staff, parents, and guardians.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Strong organization, writing, and IT skills
- Respect for all members of the school community, irrespective of position, gender, age, and ethnic background.
- Adhere to the principles of discretion, confidentiality, and information sharing.
- Assist with the arrival welcome and induction of students.
- Pastoral duty, which includes: breakfast duty/roll call, lunch duty, and dinner duty and night duty on a rota basis.
- Coordinate free time/leisure activities of students.
- Administrative work as required.
- Assist with departures, checking bedrooms and facilities, escorting students, etc.
- Work two full weekends per month, which could include activity leading, transfer duties, or administrative work.
- Plan and lead evening activities on a daily basis, together with the House Master/mistress.
- Be responsible for students in the residence, together with the House Master/mistress.
- Encourage full and enthusiastic involvement by students in the scheduled Activities Programme.
- Liaise with the School regarding relevant information about boarders.
- Assisting the head of boarding to carry out his/her responsibilities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.