|Job Field||Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development|
Our client, a conglomerate with Retail Operations in the Home Appliances segment of the FMCG industry, is currently looking to hire a result-driven Home Appliances Showroom Manager, who will be responsible for sales volume and profitability of the showroom; local marketing; expense management; financial performance; identification and solution to business problems and maximization of credit and other miscellaneous revenues.
The Home Appliances Showroom Manager is responsible for management and overall performance of the showroom. This includes, but is not limited to, selecting, scheduling, supervising, directing, coaching, counselling, disciplining, training and performance management of associates; sales volume, profitability; local marketing; maximization of credit and other miscellaneous revenues; expense management and overall financial performance; identification and solution of business problems; creation and implementation of competitive strategies; managing productivity standards; and overall showroom management responsibilities. The Home Appliances Showroom Manager is also responsible for overseeing and managing the execution of all receiving activities, including unloading merchandise, merchandise preparation and staging, outbound shipments and daily backroom activities.
- Develops a high performance team by hiring, coaching, developing and managing performance of associates
- Prepares, sets up, and signs new merchandise on the sales floor
- Develops and executes Local Marketing plans to drive sales at the local level
- Plans, directs and supervises the work and productivity levels of associates to ensure standards are met or exceeded e.g. Receiving processes to yield appropriate merchandising and replenishment of the sales floor, customer facing positions to understand their role in interacting with the customer to meet or exceed his/her needs, etc.)
- Makes appropriate decisions on associate performance, up to and including termination of employment following various appropriate disciplinary processes, and coaches leads in the stores to appropriately address performance concerns in their respective departments
- Uses communication vehicles such as Storewide meetings, etc. to ensure associates are well-informed of upcoming showroom events and company initiatives, business and merchandising strategies and goals
- Develops and implements sales, associate and other initiatives throughout the showroom.
- Plans and holds one-on-one meetings with associates to improve performance, set standards, and plan future development of those associates
- Achieves personal sales and profit goals and helps teams in achieving the same.
- Demonstrates a high level of energetic response to customers and focuses team on the same
- Reacts quickly to resolve customer issues
- Sets plans and strategy to lead the showroom to ensure achievement of business goals in sales and miscellaneous revenue
- Understands local market focus and tracks competition and trends in the market
- Sets plans and strategy to manage expense, understand and drive margin, maintain appropriate merchandise protection standards
- Maintains the stockroom in a neat, orderly and safe manner and ensures proper material handling and appropriate use of safety equipment
- BSc/HND in a numerate discipline. MSc/MBA or a relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ Home Appliance retail sales experience in a similar position
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Passionate and self-driven with keen attention for details
- Must be decisive, courageous, with good decision making skills.
- Industry Knowledge
- Strategic Planning
- Financial acumen
- Proven leadership
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: [email protected] stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail.