|Job Field||Safety and Environment / HSE|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the company is compliant with its own internal procedures and policies
- Carry out detailed investigation to understand the cause of accidents, and put in place measures to prevent them. Investigate and write reports on accidents, complaints and cases of ill health.
- Raise awareness among the workers to ensure they operate and behave in a safe and environmental friendly manner.
- Communicate with workers about HSE related issues, encourage culture of safety.
- Provide assistance to the HSE officer.
- Ensure safety function continues when the HSE officer is absent.
- Report all observations / information related to HSE to superiors.
- Monitor PPE distribution and carry out PPE checks on the field.
- Carry out trainings related with HSE activities.
- Carry out regular site inspection to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements (PPE wearing, chemical store, filling station, waste management etc.)
- Monitor the state of first aid boxes, fire extinguishers, baiting points (if any) and keep records.
- Participate in risk assessment.
- Ensure relevant and up to date information is displayed on the info boards.
- Ensure domestic waste is properly disposed off at the required frequency.
- Follow up on medical waste disposal.
- Follow up on industrial waste disposal (Chemical containers, scrap, nursery polybags, tyres, waste oil) and inform superiors when due for disposal.
- Perform any duties that may be assigned by superiors.
- Minimum of B.Sc. / HND in Environmental Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Efficient in report writing.
- Computer skill (Excel, word etc.)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Application to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Send hard copies of their CV and Applications to:
The Human Resources Manager,
KM 22, Benin / Sapele Road,
P.O. Box 7061, Benin City,
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held at our Head Office at Obaretin.