|Job Field||Media / Advertising / Branding|
Gender: Male or Female
- The Head, Marketing / Strategy will be responsible for assisting the General Manager, Business & Strategy with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining corporate strategic initiatives
- This unique background takes a multitude of operating experiences, and must include being both a creative thinker and an influential collaborator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicating and implementing a company’s strategy internally and externally so that all relevant units (Advert, Sales, Commercial Printing, Brand & Research), as well as clients, customers and agencies understand the company-wide strategic plan and how it carries out the company’s overall goals.
- Driving decision-making that creates medium- and long-term improvement of our business
- Establishing and reviewing key strategic priorities and translating them into a comprehensive strategic plan.
- Monitoring the execution of the strategic plan.
- Facilitating and driving key strategic initiatives through inception phase to execution.
- Ensuring departmental/unit strategic planning projects reflect organisational strategic priorities.
- Partnering with media agencies, institutional leaderships, MDAs, organisations, special committees, and consultants to support execution of key initiatives.
- Developing inclusive planning processes.
- Translating strategies into actionable and quantitative plans.
- Mobilising and managing teams of individuals charged with executing strategies.
- Acting as a resource across the organisation to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans.
- Providing support to the General Manager, Business & Strategy to ensure our digital communications are effective and reaching our target audiences.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of our media activities through regular collation and review of key performance indicators and qualitative feedback.
- Plan and coordinate the marketing budgets.
- Research market to identify new opportunities.
- Generate innovative ideas to promote our brand and products.
- Ensure brand consistency through all marketing channels.
- Liaise with internal teams and ensure brand consistency.
- Design and implement marketing strategies aligned with business targets.
- Analyse sales and marketing metrics.
- Design a strategy to attract new customers.
- Forecast market trends.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Degree in Economics / Business Administration or a relevant discipline. A Master’s Degree or an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 11 years cognate experience with at least 5 years at mid-management level in a media organisation, media agency or consulting firm.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies is important.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating media strategies.
- Experience of providing strategic media advice and counsel to top management personnel.
- A detailed knowledge of the company’s business development and philosophy.
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools;
- Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Computer literacy and knowledgeable about Microsoft Office Suite.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Daily Trust on career.dailytrust.com to apply