|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Grants & Compliance Coordinator
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Coordinate and supervise the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports:
- Ensure high quality and timely grant reporting from technical support staff and programme managers for submission to the HOD Grants and Compliance; undertake a qualitative review, grammatical edit and ensure compliance to guidelines and donors’ requirements, use of proper templates
- Ensure that internal timelines and external deadlines are met; maintain the reporting tracker developed by HOD, follow up on inputs from project teams and technical staff and update archive on NHF and in the base.
- In collaboration with the Coordination Team (Program, WASH, FSL, Nutrition and Health, Log, Finance, MEAL coordinators), address any further follow-up question/s, comment, etc., to ensure compliant and quick submission of additional and/or revised information required.
- Coordinate responses to any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback.
Objective 2 – Identification, coordination, preparation, writing, and submission of quality and timely concept notes and full proposals, following Action Against Hunger’s validation processes and taking into account the donor guidelines:
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team Formulate concept notes and proposals; develop context, compile and edit narrative components, ensure budget templates are shared, monitoring and compose other documents as necessary;
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will analyze and capitalize assessments (Rapid Needs Assessment), baselines, and field observations for needs identification.
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will identify interventions to be presented to international/local donors when necessary.
- Assist with research on funding opportunities, and potential donors, partners, and their strategies;
Objective 3 – To support internal coordination and communication within the Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission:
- Develop internal knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and reporting mechanisms; communication, advocacy, and cross-cutting policies, internal reporting APRs, situation reports, project updates, beneficiary count and technical evaluations report.
- Ensure compliance with donor visibility requirements, edit and draft human interest stories, success stories and photographs for donor reports and presentations.
- Assist the HOD Grants and Compliance and area coordinator in the development of grant portfolio summaries, project, and donor brief/updates;
- Assist to identify potential opportunities for partnerships with local and international organizations and participating in the development of agreements and vetting processes.
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use in both hard and soft copy (proposals, contracts, amendments, reports, etc.).
- Facilitate the dissemination of knowledge management products, publications, factsheets;
Objective 4 – Provide strategic, technical, and coordinated support to Grants Management:
- Facilitate kick-off, review and closing meetings to ensure project objectives are being met and identify and challenges, delays or deviations from the project plan; and communicate with donors, support on any internal or external realignments as appropriate.
- Follow up with Program Managers and Technical Coordinators on Program Implementation and collection of data according to means of verification, from the kick-off meeting to contract closure, to allow pro-activeness in the monitoring of the grant and related tasks (such as ad-hoc donor requirements or extension/amendment requests).
- Under the supervision of the HOD, Grants develop grant revisions, cost extensions, budget realignments and modifications
- Facilitate training and capacity building for field teams, in particular, Program Managers and Field Coordinators on the Project Cycle Management Tools and internal reporting tools.
- Build the capacity of field staff to write and incorporate feedback on donor reports;
- Identify and communicate to program/technical, field and M&E staff gaps in reporting/data collection.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and proposal guidelines for donor organizations funding Nigeria programs/projects among project managers, technical as well as operational support staff
- Degree and / or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (International Relations, Political Science, Law, etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in international development, humanitarian assistance, international relations or related sector.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent expertise in proposal and report writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management, theory of change and project implementation tools
- Strong commitment to Mission objective and general knowledge of programmatic areas (FSL, WASH, Nutrition and Social Protection)
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English.
- At least 3 years as Grant Writer or similar (i.e. Project Officer)
- Knowledge of key institutional donors, including ECHO, USAID (FFP, OFDA), SDC, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, AECID.
- knowledge of Humanitarian principles, SPHERE project minimum standard, gender, protection, and conflict sensitivity
- Fluency in English and an additional advantage if fluent in Hausa and Kanuri
- Well organized, attentive to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage to compete for urgent requests and priorities;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and be a team player;
- Ready and willing to travel to remote locations, remain calm and under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal guidance, pressure and tight deadlines;
- Problem solver with a work style that builds confidence in others
Minimum Gross Basic Salary
NGN 424,310 per month
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International to apply