|Job Field||ICT / Computer|
|Experience||4 - 6 years|
Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Officer will assist in the development, implementation and management of monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria Country Office.
- S/he will work closely with SI, program and technical staff in guiding the process for spatial data collection and management, geospatial analysis and producing cartographic visualizations and maps for the use of the RISE team.
Required Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B.Sc in Geography, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Geology, Surveying, Urban Planning, Geographic Information Systems or related field.
- At least 4 – 6 years’ post-NYSC professional experience in the implementation and management of Geographic Information systems.
- Relevant working knowledge of specialized software GIS packages: ArcGIS and QGIS to inform the development of web maps and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field based mobile data collection devices (i.e. ODK, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, etc)
- Experience in map production, complex spatial data collection and management.
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR programs, Nigerian public sector health system and/or HIV/AIDS response.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org