A growing furniture manufacturing company are in need a General manger to be the right hand of our CEO. With your experience and talents, you’ll be able to build & lead a team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience within the manufacturing industry, perhaps having worked your way up through the ranks to your role as an executive. We have our eye out for a general manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view which is extremely goal-oriented.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Control budgets and optimize expenses
- Ensure that employees are motivated and productive
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Set policies and processes
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally
- Oversee the recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Direct the employee assessment process
- Construct all Operational SOP’s and monitor success ad implementation
- Prepare regular reports for upper management.
- Ensure staff follows health and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit or organization.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee critical hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon critical investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results in the unit’s employees.
- Report key results to corporate officers.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure active recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Directly oversee operations, HR, and accounting, and partner with the CEO on sales management to budget for sufficient investment capital to achieve growth targets over the near term
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in executive leadership positions
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Experience in manufacturing or business growth strategy
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Master’s degree in business or related field
- International business experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Send CV’s to [email protected] using the position as subject of email.