|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Supervisor/Manager: Head, Finance
- Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting for a group of assigned funds including, calculating/ reporting the daily NAV (Net Asset Value) per unit, and compiling standard weekly and/or monthly financial statements, and income and expense accruals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all financial and accounting operations related to the pension funds
- Prepare periodic budgets and financial forecasts and report variances on the pension funds
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for all pension funds
- Preparation of Management accounts of Pension funds ensuring that relevant accounting standards have been met
- Preparation of monthly returns to pension commission
- Preparation of monthly general ledger reconciliation
- Preparation of weekly and monthly bank reconciliation
- Carrying out daily unitization of funds
- Rendition of Daily and Monthly RMAS to PENCOM
- Additional controller duties as assigned by the Head of Finance Department.
- A minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematics, accounting, economics, banking, finance, insurance, and other related courses.
- An acceptable professional qualification from any relevant professional organization such as ACCA, ACCA, CFA, Etc.
- Minimum of 5 years overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- A strong technical accounting background, with financial reporting experience in IFRS
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills
- Understanding of, and desire to develop, strong corporate governance frameworks and systems to support
- Financial Management and corporate governance
- Provision of strong financial control and stewardship over finance operations
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to put complex financial issues into layman’s terms for non-specialist audiences, including senior managers
- Capacity to form and maintain good working relationships with a wide network of internal and external stakeholders.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF or MS word format only to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.