Level: Manager / Supervisor
- The role manages the entire activities of the Fleet department to ensure that fleet is always available, dependable and safe at all times.
- The incumbent develops, refines, and oversees the preventative maintenance programs and ensures compliance with organisational policies, Government regulations and manufacturer requirements.
- Analyses maintenance costs and provides recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement
- Tracks fleet usage and maintain accurate inventories of equipment
- Assists in the development of maintenance budgets by providing input relative to policies, costs, established metrics, and projections
- Ensures the maintenance records for all fleet and heavy equipment assets are accurate and up to date
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements.
- Maintenance estimate collation and documentation report
- Provides leadership and effective communication to management, employees and other stakeholders
- Communicates maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement corrective actions as required
- Collaborates with other departments on cross-department initiatives
- Driver management through monthly pep-talk
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in fleet management, mechanical maintenance, preventative maintenance, budget administration, contract management, and tendering procedures.
- Valid driver’s license. Must meet all internal and local regulatory requirements to drive.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices, tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance and fleet management
- Certification in Logistics and transport management would be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be hardworking and dedicated
- Candidate must be highly analytical and creative,
- Candidate must be resourceful with good interpersonal skills to relate with people across different social strata.
- Candidate must possess the ability to adapt to different types of environment
Knowledge / Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle basic operating system
- Good knowledge of excel
- Ability to think on his/her feet
- Requires minimal supervision
- Ability to be creative in logistic challenge resolution
- Ability to manage time and other resources available – human and material
- Sahara Group Drivers
- Account officers in respective Group companies
- Fleet vendors
- Sahara fleet users.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sahara Group on careers.sahara-group.com to apply