|Job Field||Agriculture / Agro Allied|
|Education||Secondary School (SSCE)|
|Location||Cross-River State Osun State|
Locations: Ife, Owo, Ilesha, Ijebu, Ekom-Cross River
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Position: Field Worker I (6-Positions)
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Carryout data collection activities and maintenance of on-farm trials with participating farmers and private sector technicians;
- Train participating farmers and private sectors technicians on record keeping using field books;
- Assist in controlling plot integrity and report any damages to cocoa or shade trees;
- Assist in controlling cocoa for pest and disease infestation and arrange for control measures according to protocol;
- Write monthly report on trial activities and status;
- Collect soil and cocoa leaf samples, conduct cocoa bean harvest, take bean samples and arrange transport of samples to IITA-Ibadan, report damaged equipment’s to the trial manager and conduct visitors to the trial sites;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with minimum of two (2) years’ related experience performing related role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have the ability to use the Microsoft Office tools
- Have the ability to use ODK forms and procedures to collect and upload data.
- Have the ability to know the bar code labelling concept and the procedure of allocating and reading bar codes.
- Have the ability to detect and identify major cocoa pests and disease.
- Have the ability to rapidly respond to threats.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here for more information (PDF)
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on jobs.iita.org to apply