|Job Field||ICT / Computer|
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Sector: Financial Services
Reports To: Head, Risk & Compliance
About The Role
- The Enterprise Risk Manager will be responsible for supporting the head in the development, re-design, implementation and maintenance of the risk management framework within Paga in line with the company’s strategic plans and its 3rd party activities.
- This includes developing and maintaining detailed risk management policies and processes and working with key business stakeholders to facilitate the embedding of these across the organization.
- The Risk Manager will also be responsible for the ongoing review and challenge of risk framework effectiveness and the implementation of risk management best practice.
- Provide support to key business stakeholders in implementing the risk framework
- Work closely with the Head of risk in defining the company’s risk appetite
- Manage the relationship with the 3rd party outsourced provider risk representatives
- Engage with company-wide risk champions
- Primary contact for significant incidents or risk events
Managing Process and Administration:
- Provide support to the Head of risk, in the design, documentation, communication and implementation of the risk management framework
- Prepare, maintain and communicate detailed risk management policies and processes including the risk control self-assessment process.
- Lead the risk assessment process for the company’s key products and projects.
- Assist in the annual review of the risk management policy in preparation for Board sign off, communicating amendments to business areas as required.
- Assist with the roll out of the risk control self-assessment and annual policy compliance processes, working with business stakeholders and 3rd party providers where appropriate
- Scope and deliver the ongoing self-assessment of risk management processes and procedures, scoping, agreeing and implementing improvements as required
- Review, assess and report significant risks and issues identified or reported by the business in line with the incident management process and assist the business in defining and agreeing remedial action
- Assist business lines in identification of key risks and mitigating controls as well as action plans to address any gaps in the mitigating measures identified.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address key risks on the risk and control self-assessments/risk registers.
- Prepare and collate monthly risk reporting to the Head of Risk, Compliance and internal Audit and management.
- Challenge and periodically assess business area control assessments, including 3rd parties, reporting, recommending and agreeing remedial action where required
- Assist key business stakeholders in identifying and responding effectively to risks arising from internal changes or external events.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a 2:1 in an analytical field such as Engineering, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, etc
- At least 7 years relevant work experience
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Knowledge of risk management and auditing.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Previous experience in a risk management role within financial services ideally within a Platform environment
- Excellent knowledge of industry best risk management practice.
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management policies and processes
- Experience of reviewing 3rd party risks
- Ability to understand and articulate the commercial benefits of effective risk management
- Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Ability to analyse, present and report risk management data to senior stakeholders
- Team management skills including day to day training, supervision and performance management
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
- Managing people
- Take ownership for workload and is proactive in approach
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Creative and resourceful
- Good team player
- Manage time effectively, personally and on behalf of others
- Strong communication skills, using appropriate language and style of communication that is relevant to the situation and circumstances to influence
- Demonstrate sufficient self-awareness to identify personal strengths and areas for development
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Professional manner
- Attention to detail.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Pagatech Limited on paga.bamboohr.com to apply