Job Code: 200005RG
Location: Abuja with travels to field states
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Reports to: Senior Social Protection Specialist
Budget Responsibilities: None
Duration: till the end of award.
Anticipated Start Date: October 2020
Child Safeguarding: (select only one)
- Level 3 – The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs
- The e-payment specialist will support the National Cash Transfer Office (NCTO) and in particular the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development in implementing a strategic response plan for the last mile digitalization of the Household Uplifting Program Conditional Cash Transfer (HUP-CCT).
- The post holder will facilitate the transfer of cash to over one million beneficiaries of the HUP across the country.
- He / she will provide expertise in the design and establishment of the management information system for the program. The role will be located in Abuja with frequent travels to other states where the HUP is being implemented.
- The position is a seconded one. The post holder will be seconded to the National Cash Transfer Office.
Key Areas of Accountabilities:
- The post holder reports to CDGP’s senior social protection specialist.
- He / she will work directly with the Programme Coordinator, National Cash Transfer Office under the Ministry of Humanitarian affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
- He / she will monitor and report on the activities of the NCTO’s payment service providers.
- He / she will ensure the payments of beneficiaries of the HUP are delivered at ward levels.
- He / she will build the capacity of payment officers in the implementing states in performance management.
- He / she will support the payments unit of both NCTO and the state cash transfer unit (SCTU) to produce periodic analytical reports following each payment cycle, calendar year, and PSP contract duration, showcasing performance of payments, performance of PSPs, payments trends and other relevance reporting based on analysis of payment data.
Core Responsibilities & Duties
- The post holder will ensure that all agreement on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with PSPs are adhered to. He / she is responsible for ensuring that NCTO‘s operational processes during disbursement are met. These processes are:
- Scoping: Review the current contract monitoring tools; improve these monitoring tools to support better PSP performance; support NCTO to come up with reports that guide decisions on PSP performance and future contracting; and support NCTO to extract relevant information from existing contracts to serve as input to revision of PSP engagement practices.
- Implementation: Support Financial Service Providers/partner engagement and management, serving as bridge between NCTO and technology providers as needed; and identify training gaps and enable skills development on both sides.
- Shared Learning / Knowledge Management: Develop tools to conduct relevant assessments / analyses and build on the results that can be shared with other teams and share lessons learned.
Program Planning and Implementation:
- Track cash transfer performance across project implementation areas to ensure agreed Contract procedures, policies and MOUs.
- Ensure that an effective beneficiary payment monitoring system is in place for achieving prior agreed targets in relation to programme activities, budget allocations and financial expenditures, ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to beneficiary data and payment
- Assess and identify success element of the CT program to strengthen sustainability of the project’s results.
- Ensure timely implementation of all the planned interventions in accordance with the work plan.
- Reconciliation of payments to beneficiaries with funds received from National Cash Transfer Office.
- Adhering to regular Household Uplifting Programme (HUP) beneficiary’s payment window of dedicated period for month of the payment cycle.
- Review of the Terms of reference, Service Level Agreement and contract monitoring tools currently in use at NCTO.
- Support payments unit to produce relevant periodic analytical reports based on payment operations and data.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
Health and Safety:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- The post holder should possess an advanced degree or equivalent degree in Management or Accounting and Finance, Supply chain or related field.
Experience and Skills:
- 3 – 5 years of professional work experience in contracting for high value, high risk and complex contracting of services
- Excellent knowledge of digital financial services, focused on Nigeria and Africa in general.
- Experience in emergency / humanitarian settings is an advantage
- In-depth knowledge contract management.
- Experience in working with local and international NGOs.
- Result-oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Strong leadership skills including ability to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good team player.
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
Skills and Behaviours (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit and providing the necessary development to improve performance.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to going person.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Ensure the confidentiality of information being shared.
Method of Application
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children on stcuk.taleo.net to apply