Ref No: req9778
Location: Kebbi, Nigeria
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Driver is a full-time position to support the Nigeria Integrated Health Program staff in the safe transport of team members and deliveries. Under immediate supervision of the Logistics Assistant.
- Drive vehicles as directed, including transporting staff to the field, performing pickups and delivery tasks; responsible for routine vehicle maintenance, including inspecting the vehicle; noting damage, scratches, malfunctions, or problems and reporting any faults to senior driver; and ensuring vehicles are clean, well maintained, and road worthy at all times
- Compile trip reports for drivers and weekly log sheets and enter into the fuel consumption report; process monthly fuel requests and consolidate fuel liquidations for office vehicles
- Ensure that self and all passengers are wearing seatbelts prior to departure, including those in the back seat
- Report any accidents involved while driving project vehicle to the police and appropriate authorities; ensure vehicle has all the required forms before starting a trip.
- Act as administrative assistant, when not driving.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
The Driver should:
- Have an Ordinary National Diploma (OND);
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Understand the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Familiar with the culture of the area.
- Familiar with the local terrain and routes and respond appropriately, in case of emergency.
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply