- A candidate must possess a good Honours Degree (B.Sc.) not below Second 2 Class Lower (2 ) or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Civil / Building Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic
- Must be a registered member of the Council for the regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON) or and other relevant professional body.
- Such a candidate must have a valid Practicing License and should show considerable degree of competence for the running of the Department.
- In addition, applicant must have a minimum of twelve (12) years post-graduation experience.
- Candidate must have served in the position of Deputy Director of Works or headed Works Department of comparable Institution or similar position in other Corporate Institutions with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience on that post. Post graduate qualification (M.Sc.) will be an added advantage.
Salary and Tenure
- The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15.
- In consonance with the UAES Law 2020, the appointment of the Director of Works and Maintenance Services is for a single term of five  years respectively.
- Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Governing Council of the UAES. Candidates must not be above the age of Fifty-nine (59) years by October 2020.
- Relating to the University in his 5-years tenure with particular reference to the core duties of their office.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: [email protected] , [email protected] In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.
- All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF. All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, Chinedu Oguaghamba Graduate / Research Assistant).
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.