|Job Field||Media / Advertising / Branding|
- The Office of University Relations and International Cooperation (URIC) is the first contact for international relations at University of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences (UAES) on University level. URIC is committed to facilitating the cooperation and exchange programs between UAES and overseas partners to develop collaboration on education, research and to enhance UAES’s global standing.
- The office has four focal areas to better serve UAES community and visitors. The areas include International Exchange, Visiting Scholars, Dispatch and Program Administration.
The general responsibilities of the four areas are as follows:
- Visiting Scholars is committed to better serving our international experts and scholars so that they can better facilitate our effort in internationalizing our education, research and social service and to enhance our global standing.
- International Exchange is responsible for facilitating international communication and promoting cooperation and exchanges with universities and organizations from across the globe.
- Dispatch focuses on helping with all the paperwork of students, staff and faculty members to go abroad for academic purposes.
- Program Administration is responsible for the institutional financial aid and scholarship programs and students work programs
- A candidate must possess a good honours Degree (B.Sc) not below Second 2 Class Lower (2) in Journalism, with proficiency in Management of Information systems.
- Candidate must have cognate experience as media executive.
- Ability to manage multicultural International community and bilateral skills will be an added advantage as well as speaking several international languages.
- Candidates who possess M.Sc. in relevant discipline will have obvious advantage.
- Registration with relevant professional Bodies is mandatory.
Salary and Tenure
- The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15.
- In consonance with the UAES Law 2020, the appointment of the Director of University Relations & International Cooperation is for a single term of five  years respectively.
- Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Governing Council of the UAES. Candidates must not be above the age of Fifty-nine (59) years by October 2020.
- Relating to the University in his 5-years tenure with particular reference to the core duties of their office.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: [email protected] , [email protected] In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.Note
- All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF. All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, Chinedu Oguaghamba Graduate / Research Assistant).
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.