|Job Field||NGO / Non-profit|
Our client is an independent non-profit organisation focused on spearheading the social-economic transformation and competitiveness of Northern Nigeria; improving collaboration and integration with other regions, towards realizing the full potential of Nigeria and shared prosperity for all.
Established by leaders from across different sectors of the economy with the determination to build a world-class institution know for result, efficacy and effectiveness in three domains of Governance, Human Development and Competitiveness. The organisation is starting its intervention in four thematic areas of financial inclusion, public health, national security and education especially Almajiri and Girls out of school.
- The Director of Research shapes the organisation’s research agenda to align with organisation vision and core mandate.
- S/he leads and undertakes research within areas of focus; and generates reports, insights and publications based on research findings.
Core Functions of the Director of Research will cover (but not limited to)
- Lead the development of the annual research agenda and activities in focus areas to address the strategic goals of the organisation
- Create insight platforms that showcase to stakeholders, the value and relevance of the organisation’s research insight and analysis.
- Design and implement a framework to record and report impact of program to critical stakeholders
- Develop and embed capacity to execute short / medium / long-term research consulting projects for external institutions, government agencies and corporate organisations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Science or Research – related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience in research-related area- out of which must be;
- 4 years of management experience in a research-oriented role
- Relevant portfolio of research outputs and publications in reputable journals
- Work experience in areas around Education, Health, Governance and Women Empowerment; will be added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] Using the Job Title and Reference Code as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.