|Job Field||Engineering / Technical|
Location: Ikeja – Lagos
Reports To: Senior Design Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer in the design of the electrical system like earthling, lighting, cabling, preparation of single line diagram, communication, fire alarm etc. including system calculations and drawing preparation.
- Plans and schedules assigned work and determines staffing needs to meet the project milestones and assumes responsibility for meeting man-hour budget and project schedules for all work assigned to the group or subordinate personnel
- Monitors work for compliance with approved design standards and to provide for efficient and quality design, reliable plant operation and economy.
- Plans, Schedules, conducts and co-ordinates with minimal supervision.
- Receives technical guidance from Group Leader, Design Supervisor or Electrical specialists only on unusual or complex problems, performs 3D modelling extraction from 3D model 2D drafting when required.
- Supervises and prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize the design effort.
- Supervises and reviews quantity take-offs.
- Reviews and defines engineering scope changes as required.
- Endorses or prepares reports for work progress for project discipline use.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer applications to design work and promotes maximum and efficient use of computers.
- Assists less experienced personnel in the performance of their assigned tasks.
- Performs interdisciplinary checks.
- Assists Lead Engineer in maintaining project Contract review, KPI, Change Tracking, Schedule Tracking, Productivity and dashboard reporting, Value Engineering, Lesson Learnt etc.
- Review design documents, Subcontractors/ Vendor documents for technical compliance.
- Performs technical audits as and when required.
- Prepares, reviews or monitors project controls, cost estimates, quantity take offs and manpower requirement.
- Gives on-the-job training, promotes development of subordinates, evaluates and counsels assigned personnel.
- B.Sc, B.Tech / HND or M.Sc. (or its equivalent) in Electrical Engineering from a reputable and accredited higher institution of learning.
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience working in same capacity and industry
- Must be a registered member of COREN & NSE.
- Candidate must have expertise in AutoCAD and Revit as an added advantage
- Candidate must have 5 years’ relevant previous experience in similar role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in PDF format to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Due to the volume of application received please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.