Job number: 855065
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Customer Success
Role Type: People Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
- This Customer Success Manager (CSM) Manager role will directly manage full-time employees (FTE) and/or vendor CSMs or CEs (Customer Engineers) that will cover managed Modern Work customers in their territory.
- This is an exciting role that will help create bonds with our Modern Work customers and will fuel customer success, retention, growth, renewal and advocacy.
- Drive usage growth of “Modern Work” workloads (Microsoft 365 with a focus on Microsoft Teams Meetings and Platform and Apps on Teams) thru Customer Success excellence; reducing competitive threat.
- Hire, develop, support, coach and enable CSMs or CEs to ensure effective delivery against priorities.
- Role Model One Microsoft – exceptional cross-team collaboration and communicator. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSM and CE role clarity and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Amplify the Voice of the Customer within Microsoft, representing the customers’ technical interests, generating insights, removing obstacles, and influencing engineering roadmaps.
- Manage your Area’s coverage and role orchestration model balancing customer needs, future growth and fiscal year usage goals.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption/utilization opportunity management, Scrum and high-quality reporting and insights through proper tools and channels.
- Deep engagement with Business Decision Makers and IT Decision Makers (BDM/ITDMs) to deliver business outcomes.
- Manage and drive usage culture at scale within the local Microsoft subsidiary and the Microsoft partner ecosystem.
- Identify and document consumption best practices and customer references to further grow the success of the CSM program.
- Identify and document new MIP (Managed IP), and manage Utilization of your CE resources to ensure optimal productivity and client value.
- Execute Team Readiness and Development – Attract, develop and retain a talented team of profile CSMs or CEs, leveraging both HR & external sources to ensure a strong pipeline of future candidates.
- Lead by example via deep, direct involvement in customer engagements and a “showing by doing” mindset. Manage performance through appropriate 1:1s and connect sessions, conduct performance management assessments and reviews annually (FTEs).
- Develop capability thanks to his/her own abilities to deliver all CSM customer facing activities, including the ability to coach CSMs on the delivery of a functional design / gap analysis, creation of qualitative “Success Plans”, the design/driving of adoption strategies and plans and the optimization of Microsoft’s purchase options for maximum impact.
- Support and enable professional development planning and execution through assessments and role-based training plans.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Ensure team members execute effectively, collaborate appropriately and deliver a positive impact on the organization.
- Create an inclusive, engaging and motivating work environment that improves Work Health Index (WHI) results annually.
Lead team to ensure intense focus on Business Value, Active Usage/Adoption, Renewals and Advocacy:
- Provide support, coaching and enablement to CSM or CE team to ensure effective delivery against the Monthly Active Usage and/or Utilization targets, drive adoption, create high-quality customer success plans, and monitor customer health.
- Become an expert in the Modern Work methodologies, programs and processes.
- Build strong client relationships with the appropriate customer executives that support the CSMs engagements. Strengthen that relationship through a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
- Establish a BDM-focused culture.
- Help remove blockers for the team.
- Lead the team to be a proactive, agile and responsive point of contact for the customer and to be an effective technical Voice of the Customer inside Microsoft.
- Establish a culture that grows account references, advocacy and loyalty for the CSM and CE practice by maintaining high levels of customer success and satisfaction.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process and Scrum, both collecting performance data from the team and reporting performance to the Customer Success Unit (CSU) Lead and Corporate Team.
- Manage team appropriately to reach agreed to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team in the creation of strategy, targets and processes that will enable successful attainment of goals.
- Create a high data hygiene culture. Ensure CSMs enter data on customer engagements in a timely and high quality way that allows accurate reporting to Field/Segment leadership teams.
- Identify and help remove blockers in processes both internal and external through escalation, scoping, feedback and coaching.
- Establish regular contact with client base to review and gather feedback on the CSM/CE role and program to drive further improvement.
Enable Stakeholder Collaboration and Coordination:
- Help CSM/CE resources connect to their relevant internal stakeholders and build positive relationships across other Microsoft leadership roles.
- Ensure your team leads customer consumption governance for BDMs for all assigned accounts, through proactive partnership with customer v-team.
- Ensure your team leads Microsoft Teams internal alignment and ROB for all assigned customers through proactive partnership with Microsoft v-team.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- BA / BS or equivalent required, MBA in IT, finance, or general management preferred
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- 10+ years of experience in consultative selling ideally in consulting or technical sales
- 5+ years of experience in driving change management and effective adoption within key technologies
- Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams workloads.
- Top-notch executive engagement and communication skills
- Proven ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers
- Passion for making others successful
- Willingness to travel – up to 40%
- Industry knowledge and experience a plus