|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
|Experience||2 - 3 years|
Location: Herbert Macaulay Way, Lagos
- The Compliance Analyst will work as part of the team to ensure that compliance and policies and procedures follow best practice in terms of meeting legislative and regulatory requirements.
The candidate for this role will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing an effective legal compliance program
- Creating sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Drafting and revising company policies
- Monitoring compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies
- Leading in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Proactively auditing processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope
- Highlighting or escalating areas of concern
- Ensuring that your findings are recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified
- keeping up to date with, and understanding relevant laws and regulations
- Evaluating business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborating with external auditors and HR when needed
- Setting plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educating and training employees on regulations and industry practices
- Addressing employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Keeping abreast of internal standards and business goals
- Reviewing marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Performing various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects)
Educational and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience as a Compliance Officer within an SEC-regulated entity
- Proven success in the risk management field.
- Strong working knowledge of industry legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering).
- Fluency in industry practices and professional standards.
- Track record of integrity and commitment to professional ethics.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent collaborative teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail and strategic thinking.
- Professional certification (CCEP) a plus.
- Possess a strong constitution and conviction
- Must be ethical and principled
- Must proactive and intelligent
- Familiar with all phases of development and implementation of an effective legal compliance program.
- Possess strong critical thinking and attention to detail needed to evaluate business activities and assess compliance risk
- Solid understanding of what is needed to form critical plans to manage crisis events or compliance violations, should they ever occur
- Excellent written communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply