|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
Job Code: #F00002
Detailed Job Description
- Provides leadership, direction, and management of the finance team
- Interprets corporate strategies into financial strategies and plans
- Provides strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Manages the processes for financial forecasts, budgets, and monitors cashflow
- Oversees the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial plans
- Reviews all formal finance related procedures and accounting controls
- Reviews and approves payroll, all payments, and disbursements
- Assist the CEO / Medical Director to create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial plans and supporting information systems of the company, including budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets.
- Develop financial strategies towards meeting the company’s goals
- Coordinate Monthly Performance Review (MPR) and Quarterly Business Review (QBR)
- Develop and monitor Key performance indicators for the Hospital
- Coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the Hospital
- Develop funding strategies for the company’s projects
- Oversee processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, staff salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Develop financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate financial control policies and measures.
- Provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensures record systems are maintained following generally accepted auditing and accounting standards.
- Assist the CEO / Medical Director to develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide management.
- Analyze monthly financial statements to identify potential weak areas.
- Assist the CEO / Medical Director to establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the Hospital
- Mitigate key elements of the company’s financial risk profile
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the Board
- Maintain a good and productive relationship with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- B.Sc. degree with a second-class upper grade in Accounting or any Finance-related course
- MSc in any Finance-related course
- Member of a recognized professional body (ICAN, ACCA, CFA)
- At least five years’ experience in the finance manager role of a corporate organization, preferably the healthcare industry.
- At least three years’ experience in preparing management accounts and financial management positions.
- At least two years’ experience in overseeing the day to day financial administration in a small to medium-sized organization.
- At least two years’ experience in a well-organized audit firm.
- Excellent leadership and management skill
- Excellent Microsoft office skill
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
- Experience in the use of various financial reporting software
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Position Title” as the subject of the email application.