- The Business Support Executive (PA) will be the principal executive and administrative support person for the GCEO thereby performing a vital important role.
- He / She will have a sincere interest in the continuous improvement of the performance of the company, possess excellent administrative and relational skills, value attention to detail, and be able to handle a variety of activities and tasks.
Correspondence and Document:
- Prepare and preview hard copy and electronic mails on behalf of the CEO; provide accuracy checks on basic data and documents requiring the CEO signature
- Sort and distribute the CEO’s mails and memos
- Prepare and arrange the collation & biding of documents for presentations as directed
- Ensure all documentation is appropriately filed for ease of reference and efficient retrieval.
- Be friendly and personable while managing heavy communications and calendar scheduling (requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, clients, co-workers and the general public) to coordinate various complex meetings.
- Handle social media platforms of the GCEO by projecting the brand of the organisation in a positive limelight.
- Pro-actively coordinate, monitor and manage CEO’s personal appointments and diary
- Take and distribute Minutes of Meetings when required.
- Answer telephone calls directed to the CEO’s Office and take messages
- Answer all enquiries efficiently and effectively
- Provide support to the officers responsible regarding the organization and coordination of internal / external meetings or events
- Work continuously to promote the culture of excellent customer service in supporting the Chief Executive Officer achievement of desired objectives
- Courtesy in dealing with internal staff, external customers and vendors
- Operate efficiently at lowest cost; staying within approved budgets, establish appropriate reporting and control procedures
Decision Making / Problem Solving:
- Quick understanding of most relevant problems and the ability to proffer timely, practical decisions
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation during MPR, Financial Planning etc.
- Ensure efficient use and management of the Reception & Reception Corner and Conference Room
- Proactive management of the CEO’s personal itinerary (meals & refreshments, personal visitors, family / friends’ birthday & other celebration notifications, reminders and co-ordination of family events, etc.)
- Efficient running of the CEO’s Office; overseeing its’ cleanliness, orderliness and ensuring there is always a sufficient supply of office supplies and stationery
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field with at least 2-5 years of proven experience providing executive support in a structured organization
- Membership of ICSAN, CIA is an added advantage
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including Senior Management Team and external partners
- Understanding business functions and metrics within the Organization
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Able to work within a team as well as alone with little or no supervision
- High level of personal effectiveness
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A professional and confident manner
- Committed and professional in attitude
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Ability to treat others with respect
- Upholding quality and continuous improvement
- A good working Knowledge of the uses and applications of MS Office suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc. in the preparation of high quality documents on behalf of the CEO.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.