- Adexen was mandated by one of West Africa’s leading Marine Services companies to recruit a Business Development Manager for its operations. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria
- Plan, develop and implement existing and new businesses as well as sales and marketing activities in order to meet company’s goals for retention growth and profitability.
- Identify and develop all new business opportunities with prospects.
- Understand the needs of the potential customers, prepare sales presentations and proposals through working with the Project Manager and Procurement team to put forward the appropriate services and competitive pricing.
- Respond to Invitation To Tender for major oil & gas clients
- Initiate contacts and meetings to present and sell the company’s services and solutions.
- Identify and solicit potential clients.
- Develop strategies to increase the company’s Nigeria visibility.
- Identify marketing activities to raise the profile and branding of the company including participating in oil and gas events, sponsorships and advertisement.
- Negotiate contractual rates, terms, and conditions.
- Negotiate and close commercial agreements.
- Keep track of commercial bids and tenders and ensure the company participate and monitor response to clients.
- Achieve and exceed period targets in accordance with all company procedures and code of business conduct.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or any other related discipline. Masters will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Business Development and Sales in Oil and Gas upstream sector.
- Exceptionally good understanding of the oil and gas market and associated legal framework developments.
- Ability to develop business cases
- Strong appreciation of commercial developments in waste collection and transport, treatment, recovery, and disposal technologies
- Decision Making, Organization and Development skills
- Very Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and influential skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen on www.adexen.com to apply