- Plans, designs, and directs construction engineering projects and ensure that all projects are delivered to scope, budget and program by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of Bridges structures
- Drawing up of cost estimates
- In charge of engineering designs of bridges projects and ensure that the designs are in line with the requirement of the project
- Prepare specifications and all tender documentations for bridges design projects
- Check setting out of Setting out and levels carried out on site using survey instruments.
- Assigns duties to subordinates
- Monitors the execution of duties.
- Sets performance goals and monitors performance for result.
- Inspects bridges construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction and safety standards.
- Plans, investigates, and surveys bridges designs to determine feasibility and options.
- Directs bridges design construction and maintenance activities at project site, including supervision of construction supervision personnel assigned to the project.
- Ensures that quality of work in accordance with the standards specified in the design documents is maintained on site.
- Maintains and ensures timeliness and accuracy.
- Consults with management and reviews project proposals to determine goals, time frame, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Develops project plans
- Formulate and define technical scope and objectives of project.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates by directing and coordinating activities of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Prepares project status reports and keeps management, clients, and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Develops business processes that ensure work done meets all project requirements.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Bridges DesignEngineering or Civil Engineering
- Must prove 10 years of experience in the design of design
- Must be a self-starter with an aptitude to problem-solving
- Can work independently as well as in a team
- Demonstrates excellent professional, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Is preferably registered as an Engineer with COREN
- Proven experience with AUTOCAD and other common software in highway design
- Bridge design Engineer with Project Management Experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.