Location: Gwarinpa, Abuja
Assist the IT Officer in the provision of a prompt and effective IT technical support service as follows:
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Provide user, workstation, audio/visual, Wi-Fi/Internet connectivity support.
- Prioritize assigned tasks dependent on urgency and understanding of Institute/department requirements.
- Setup, support and maintenance of IT equipment, network infrastructure and security, internal audio/visual, workstation, Wi-Fi/internet connectivity equipment for other employees, within events and office areas.
- Fault resolution of corporate end-user software and technology.
- Work within the Information Technology department answering support queries via phone, email and in person.
- Liaise with external service providers, suppliers and Institute employees in order to ascertain and resolve any issues.
- Create and maintain helpdesk jobs ensuring jobs are correctly assigned and work logs are added where necessary.
- Resolve faults and answer queries as requested by the IT Officer or senior technical staff within the time frames requested.
- Perform other IT support tasks as shown or requested by senior technical staff.
- Provide support to and assist IT technical team personnel as necessary.
- Escalate more complex calls to the IT Officer.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to service management principles.
- Undertake any other duties as from time to time as may be required by the Institute.
- The candidate must have NCE / OND in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related areas of study.
- Candidate MUST have at least two (2) years experience in an IT-related role. Customer Service Experience is essential.
- Experience in connecting devices to private and public Wi-Fi.
- Experience in connecting audio/visual equipment and video playback i.e. display screens, televisions, projectors
- Flexible to meet the requirements of the role (including some weekend work)
- Knowledge of Website management and Internet Technology
- Experience of supporting others with technology issues
- Understanding of Health and Safety concepts
- Ability to analyse user/customer-provided information and determine possible issues and faults.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work under own initiative.
- Ability to communicate well with people of all technical or non-technical levels and experiences, in order to explain faults and corrective actions to be taken.
- A willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- Able to effectively time manage and meet deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with CV to: [email protected] using “Assistant IT Officer” as the subject of the email.