|Job Field||Human Resource / HR|
|Location||Akwa Ibom State|
Job Number 20051705
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Human Resources
Position Type: Management
- Assists in carrying out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including recruitment, total compensation, and training and development.
- Additionally, he / she assists in delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
- Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all training and development activities are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Works with property leadership team to identify and address employee and organizational development needs.
- The position is responsible for ensuring effective training is in place to enable the achievement of desired business results.
- Training programs focus on a variety of topics, including product knowledge, company philosophy, and customer service and leadership skills.
- Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops training programs and facilitates the delivery of both custom and corporate training programs.
- Measures the effectiveness of training to ensure a return on investment.
Core Work Activities
Assisting in Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process:
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Assists in establishing and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Assists in monitoring candidate identification and selection process.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Assisting in Administering and Educating Employee Benefits:
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Assists with unemployment claim activity reports.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented, as needed.
Assisting in Managing Employee Development:
- Assists with departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Assists with coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
- Assists with ensuring departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Assisting in Maintaining Employee Relations:
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources / Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Assisting in Managing Legal and Compliance Practices:
- Assists with ensuring employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Assists with ensuring medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
- Assists with ensuring all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Assists with periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
- Assists with managing Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
Administering Employee Training Programs:
- Promotes and informs employees about all training programs.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
- Meets with training cadre on a regular basis to support training efforts.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and / or managers.
Evaluating Training Programs Effectiveness:
- Monitors enrollment and attendance at training classes.
- Meets regularly with participants to assess progress and address concerns.
- Partners with operational leaders to assess if employees demonstrate effective technical and leadership skills.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Measures transfer of learning from training courses to the operation.
- Ensures adult learning principles are incorporated into training programs.
Developing Training Program Plans and Budgets:
- Ensures all training and development activities (department specific and general property training) are strategically linked to the organization’s mission and vision.
- Identifies performance gaps and works with managers to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
- Makes any necessary adjustments to training methodology and/or re-trains as appropriate.
- Aligns current training and development programs to effectively impact key business indicators.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Develops specific training to improve service performance.
- Drives brand values and philosophy in all training and development activities.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing Training Budgets:
- Participates in the development of the Training budget as required.
- Manages budget in alignment with Human Resources and property financial goals.
- Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Utilizes P-card if appropriate to control and monitor departmental expenditures.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area; OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and / or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and / or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise:
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Compensation and Benefits – The knowledge of principles, regulatory laws, and application of human resources compensation and benefit methods, including workers compensation and work accident procedures.
- EEO – Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations that affect employment. This includes the ability to administer and monitor Affirmative Action programs and analyzing diversity reports.
- Associate Relations – Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes knowledge of federal and state laws, company policies and practices, and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an appropriate resolution to an employee or labor relations complaint.
- Recruitment and Hiring – Ability to recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates. This includes knowledge of best practices for each stage of the selection system.
- Training – The ability to perform training needs assessment analysis, develop training programs, and effectively delivering training modules to employees.
- Payroll – Knowledge of principles and application of human resources hourly and management payroll methods and practices.
- Education and Training – Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.):
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Marriott International, Inc. on jobs.marriott.com to apply
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.