Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Minimum of OND
- Min of 5 years cognate experience as a Cook
- Must have culinary certification
- Must be able to speak any of the South-south Indigenous languages fluently
- Must know her way around the market
- Must be able to negotiate with those selling food stuff in the market
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word format to: [email protected] using “Assistant Chef” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.