Agricultural Research and Communications Officer
Welcome2Africa International (W2A) was founded on the vision to redefine the image of Africa. As such, we look to facilitate investments and trade whilst also bridge the information gap with respect to the various opportunities that exist in Africa. We are currently focused on Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
Over the last 5 years we have hosted a number of Agricultural Investment Conferences in strategic cities around the world including; Luxembourg , Accra, Lagos, Abuja, Frankfurt, Belgium, The Netherlands , and London. These opportunities have provided us with brand recognition, a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with investing in Africa’s Agricultural sector, as well as a rich network inclusive of Africa’s Agribusiness stakeholders, investment and finance executives, leading fund managers, private equity firms, family offices, institutional investors donors as well as large agribusiness related firms from around the world.
We are currently looking for an Agricultural Research and Communications Officer to support our next phase of growth, of which entails strengthening our investment and trade facilitation services and initiatives whilst also providing additional services such as project management, market entry research services, data mapping, and bespoke trainings and events – targeted at the international community, whilst maintaining a viable presence in Nigeria – where we operate from.
We have a number of clients, and Some of the current opportunities in our pipeline consist of the following
- Feasibility and Facilitation of 10,000Hectare Oil Palm Plantation and Milling (Nigeria) ($60m)
- Program Management and Investment Facilitation for 500hectare Mega Farm guaranteed by NIRSAL ($10m)
- Kwara Special Livestock Processing Zones
- Data mapping, feasibility and Investment Facilitation for Cassava Processing Ecosystem
- Ondo livestock model farm (Beef and Diary)
For the position of Agricultural Research and Communications, the job roles responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Primary research – advising on, designing and conducting primary research, data mapping, including survey questionnaires, focus group discussion guides, interview questions and field visits
- Secondary research – undertaking agreed internal and commissioned desk research, including literature reviews of existing research and analysis of material , and creating content to support our overall communications and marketing strategy
- Analysis – collating, cleaning and validating data in preparation for analysis; analysing and interpreting statistical and qualitative data gathered through the research process; and presenting this in a clear and concise manner including written reports and presentations
- Producing compelling visual content and copy for use across social media/website and Use social media analysis tools to gain insight on W2A’s social media performance and audiences, and include in the quarterly communications report
- Help develop compelling email alerts, press releases and newsletters through the MailChimp email marketing tool and Keep abreast of industry trends, styles and practices in email marketing
- Create a regular flow of up-to-date information about field activities, research, happenings and events.
- Help coordinate communication campaigns both on and offline.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a detailed communication strategy
- Lead and support the capitalization of research findings
- Manage and ensure effective stakeholder relationships and knowledge exchange approaches by engaging in dialogue and using feedback mechanisms with project partners and beneficiaries.
- Produce training and educational materials for extension services and rural populations
- Assisting in the effective creation and dissemination of the W2A investment report internal and external stakeholders, ensuring its main findings are made available to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including actual and potential funders.
- To identify and prepare bids for externally funded research projects
- Proven working experience in research, communications and project management,
- Excellent client-facing (stakeholders) and internal communication skills with team members and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Relevant experience in Finance, Project/Programs Management, Agribusiness, Finance, and Event Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.