|Job Field||Agriculture / Agro Allied|
|Location||Abuja FCT Kano State|
Location: Abuja or Kano (Depending on facility identified)
Type of Position: Consultancy
Organisation: CARE International
CARE is a global non-governmental humanitarian organization founded in 1945 after World War II to deliver life-saving emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters. We stand in solidarity with the poorest, the most deprived and vulnerable population and where possible, work with the local communities to build capacities, resilience and set the path to their sustainable socio-economic development.
In financial year 2018, CARE worked in 95 countries supporting 965 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian projects reaching more than 55 Million people. CARE has received approval from the Ministry of Budget and National Planning to commence humanitarian and relief assistance to affected populations in Nigeria and has a Head Quarters in Abuja with dedicated Field Offices in Maiduguri and Gashua supporting response actions in both Borno and Yobe States.
CARE International in Nigeria is currently implementing various Food Security Nutrition and Livelihoods interventions in partnership with WFP (World Food Program), FAO (Food and Agriculture Organisation), Author Blank projects in Borno and Yobe State. This year, 2020, funded by WFP, CARE is implementing a 12-month rural livelihoods project spanning from January to December 2020 with focus on identifying vulnerable persons (IDPs, Hosts or Returnees) to support and provide them with means of sustainable livelihoods. Similarly implementing an Agribusiness Project with a focus to streamlining all interventions with Village Savings and Loans Associations (VSLA).
Objectives and Key Areas
To build the capacity of its staff, CARE is seeking for an experienced trainer or training institutions focusing on the following Farmer Business School’s (FBS) areas:
- Agricultural (Crop & Livestock) Value Chain Development and Market Linkages.
- Value Chain Analysis.
- Enterprise Formation for farmers & its benefits.
- Introduction to agricultural processes.
- Access to Finance in Agriculture.
- Farm Management.
- Integrated management of pests and diseases.
The modality of the training will be face to face learnings which will comprise of presentations, group work, practical sessions and field work to encourage general participation for better understanding.
Individual consultants and/or consultancy firms should be able to recommend training venues to adapt especially to the practical sessions and keeping in mind Covid-19 precautionary measures.
The Training will take place in Abuja or Kano for 21 – 26 CARE International’s full time staff.
Submit proposal of how the training will be conducted and the deliverables and it should be accompanied by a financial proposal.
- Develop Work plans for the training/workshops, including strategy and proposed methodologies, as well as quality assurance plan;
- Provide training modules to be used for the training;
- Evaluation of the trainer/facilitator work, based on evaluation forms received from participants;
- Successful facilitation of the training/workshop in the agreed time frames;
- Technical advice and support to participants during the training/workshop;
- Submit a final report on the implementation of the tasks after the training/workshops.
- Develop Pre and Post Tests to under the baseline of knowledge and knowledge gained after the training.
- Facilitate a 5-day training focusing on standard manuals adaptable to the Northern context following required guidelines.
- Prepare and submit training reports in soft and hard copies.
- Cover for the cost of the training venue and materials required.
- Cover the full cost of accommodation and feeding of the Consultant and CARE staff through-out the training period.
- All logistics cost such as roundtrip airline tickets and airport transfers throughout the training period will be covered by CARE International.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Agricultural Science, Agribusiness, Economics or equivalent in relevant field
- Good Facilitation Skills for Groups.
- At least 4 years’ previous experience conducting agribusiness trainings, value chain analysis and development training and other similar trainings.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Strong computer skills on MS office programs (MS word, Excel and Power point)
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required.
Evaluation and Selection Process
This application is open to trainers/facilitators who are specialised in providing trainings/workshops and have proven and demonstrated broad knowledge of and ability to utilise the principles, methods, techniques and systems of mentoring, community outreach, youth development and identification of vulnerable youth. The selected trainer/facilitator will be responsible for designing and executing all the activities described in this TOR in collaboration with CARE.
The selection process of the trainer/facilitator will be based on the set of criteria developed by CARE Evaluation Committee to evaluate the proposals. The Evaluation Committee will evaluate the proposals by using a 60% and 40% for technical and final proposals respectively. The short listed bidding consultants’ or firm’s may be required to make a formal presentation prior to the final selection.
This is would be based on agreed terms with the Consultant following CARE International’s financial policies.
This section outlines expectations in terms of inception and final reporting, as well as interim process updates. The Final report will document the context in which the trainings/workshops took place. Changes in the socio-economic or political environment are likely to influence the type of data collected and responses received.
The deadline for sending the report is 7 days after completion of training. Validation and receipt of the of The Final report validation will be handled by CARE’s technical leads of the Food Security & Livelihoods Unit and it will be the basis for issuing the final payment.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CARE on carenigeria.seamlesshiring.com to apply