|Job Field||Administration / Secretarial|
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Workshop Supervisor
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Ensure efficient running of the office.
- Organize the company filing system
- Copy, scan and store documents
- Timely Payment of PHCN Bills
- Timely office internet subscription
- Ensure availability of diesel and fuel in the generator(s)
- Keeping of visitors’ register
- Ensure office environment: premises, restrooms, reception etc. are properly cleaned and grasses cut.
- Ensure timely provision of consumables to all staff
- Ensure timely availability and management of the Petty Cash / Imprest
- Timely arrangement/booking of flights for staff, when necessary.
- Booking of hotels/accommodation, when necessary.
- Identification and procurement of basic office needs
- Renewal of DSTV subscription, where necessary.
- Ensure that stationery levels are maintained
- Report daily to the Workshop Supervisor on security situations within the office premises
- Submission of weekly report on general office administration to the Management.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Management
Document Controller Duties:
- Manage the flow of documentation within the organization
- Ensure that hard copy and electronic record files, as required, are maintained in good order to comply with QA requirements
- Retrieve files as requested by employees and clients
- Produce reports on documentation and progress as requested
- Contribute to compilation of final project dossiers, as-built portfolios and archiving
- Liaising and providing administrative assistance to all project team members, as required
- Arrange meetings and record minutes when required
- Maintain accurate filing system for project letters, reports
- Preparing spreadsheet(s) and maintaining databases and logs, as required by Projects
- Maintaining consistency in project documentation for format and document coding or numbering system
- Ensure master drawing files are kept up to date with the latest revision
- Administrating and maintaining SharePoint, Project Workspaces, Project Drives and hard copy file systems as required.
- Submission of monthly activity report
- Internal Staff Managing Director, General Manager, Finance/Accounts Manager, Workshop Supervisor, Project Engineers.
- External: Clients, Company Vendors, Regulatory bodies.
Education and / or Work Experience / Skills Requirements
- HND / Bachelor’s degree in Administration or any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an administrative / document control role
- Experience in the production of detailed documents/reports.
- Good understanding of office administration processes and practices
- Intermediate or Advanced computer and word processing skills using MS Office applications including SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate several high-priority deadlines simultaneously
- Exhibit an extremely high level of professionalism and superior attention to details
- Excellent IT and presentation skills.
- Ability to interface and interact with Management and Client Representatives at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate sense of initiative and ownership
- Aptitude to exercise foresight as well as good business judgment to anticipate and solve problems with minimal oversight
- Energetic, self-motivated and quick to learn with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
Key Performance Indicators:
- Keen attention to details
- Level of efficiency in delivering office administration
- Quality of flow of documentation within the company.
- Quality and accuracy of filing and retrieval system in both hard copy and electronic copy.
- Average time to respond to end-user enquiries.
- Response time in retrieving and issuing documents to end users.
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their CV and Covering Letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are strongly advised to apply.