- Typing, and when necessary composing routine memos, correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Overseeing the preparation of all documentation to high standards of presentation and accuracy.
- Ensuring that standard office practices and routines are functioning effectively on an ongoing basis.
- Contacting other staff members to ensure appropriate follow-up and delivery of critical official activities.
- Handling on a routine basis, highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Checking outgoing mails for accuracy and conformity with policies and specific instructions.
- Performing other standard secretarial functions such as filing, accurate record keeping, photocopying, handling inquiries, making meeting arrangements, all in a consistent manner with official guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal secretarial training from a recognized institution will be an asset.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience, preferably in an international environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Extensive knowledge in the usage of office technologies, such as Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), intra/internet as well as on-line database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English and German is highly essential.
- Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to The OPEC Fund for International Development on careers.opecfund.org to apply