Our Client is a major player in the agricultural and agro allied sector specialising in the production of agro based products which includes table eggs,hatchery services,chickens,plantation agriculture,pigery,cattle production,fish production.
Job Summary: The Accountant will support Executive Management by providing timely, accurate and up-to-date information about financial and accounting matters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing financial statements including balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flow statements and other reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information. Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed assets register.
- Accounting skills
- Ability to use excel (advanced level)
- Financial Reporting Skills
- Risk Analysis skills
- Ability to use accounting software
- Financial modelling skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
Qualification & Experience
- First Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience
Monthly Salary: 100,000 thousand naira
Job Location: Ogun State
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.