|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
Ref Code: MCLR/AC/01/20
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- A well-qualified and experienced Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ACA (with Building Construction industry background).
- Plan, organize and execute professional-level accounting work in connection with the maintenance of financial records consistent with audit requirements; perform a wide variety of functions involved in the maintenance of financial records and other company services; perform reconciliations and produce special reports; and perform related work as required.
- Preparation of all financial reports for decision making.
- Responsible for income posting after liaising with the Directors using Quick book and other software
Responsible for Chart of Account Maintenance:
- Ensuring that each project site generates financial activity report monthly for evaluation.
- Ensuring proper allocation of over head expenses on all project sites.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reports for all sites.
Responsible for cash advance retirement thereby ensuring:
- Proper usage of cash advance
- All advance monies are timely retired within the specified period according to the Company’s policy.
- All expenditure are properly authorized.
- All expenditure have the required back up papers to justify the expenses.
- Responsible for budget review, submission and defense with the Directors.
- Responsible for all account s/bank reconciliation
- Responsible for representing the Company on all financial reconciliation matters.
- Responsible for statutory returns rendition i.e. CIT, VAT, Pension and all insurance policies.
- Liaise with external Auditors, Tax offices and banks on all issues as directed by the Directors.
- Responsible for designing accounting policies and procedures that enhance operational excellence and efficiency
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions whilst interacting with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Prepare and review revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- A Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or any numerate discipline plus recognized professional certification (such as ACA, ACCA, CMA, CFA)
- Minimum 8 years industry related experience
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively manage all tax related issues whilst liaising with consultants and tax offices.
- Proven ability to demonstrate high level of professionalism, integrity and ethical values with financial and administrative reporting experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: [email protected]